April 2, 2015 – Five employees from the Applied Water Systems (AWS) business unit of Xylem were recently recognized by the Hydraulic Institute (HI) for their longtime service to and involvement in HI, the largest association of pump industry manufacturers in North America. The recognition took place during the organization’s 2015 annual meeting in St. Petersburg, Florida.
“Xylem has one of the greatest, if not the greatest, number of participants helping to shape the future of the pump and hydronic systems industry, including significant involvement in defining efficiency standards and government regulations,” said Dave Flinton, Vice President, Engineering and Marketing, AWS. “These awards highlight Xylem’s leadership in the industry, and the deep expertise our people have.”
Awards and the team members they were presented to are as follows:
- Mark Handzel, Vice President Product Regulatory Affairs and Director, HVAC Commercial Buildings, Americas – Industry leadership Award for U.S. Department of Energy pump efficiency regulations
- Mark Heiser, Test & Validation Manager – Industry Leadership Award for development of HI Standard 40.7 and recognition for completion of standard development for DOE pump efficiency regulations
- Paul Ruzicka, Chief Mechanical Engineer – Industry Leadership Award for development of HI Standard 40.6 and recognition for completion of standard development for DOE pump efficiency regulations
- Chris Johnson, Global Engineering Manager, Centrifugal Pumps – Recognition for contributions to HI standards development
- Jim Roberts, Associate Principal Mechanical Engineer – Recognition for 20 years of service to the development of HI standards
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Xylem is headquartered in Rye Brook, N.Y., with 2013 revenues of $3.8 billion and more than 12,500 employees worldwide. Xylem was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the last three years for advancing sustainable business practices and solutions worldwide.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at http://www.xyleminc.com.